Thursday, March 4, 2010

He is evident

During the past week there has been many events that have occured in my husbands family. On Sunday the 21st of February his great-grandmother past away at 96 yrs. old. That thursday his mother went to the hospital with chest pains and his paternal grandfather was also rushed to the hospital. The next day his grandfather had 12 inches of his colon removed. Yesterday was his great-grandmothers funeral at the luncheon his maternal grandfather was taken to the hospital on the verge of a heart-attack. Today he will be having triple-bypass surgery and in a few weeks they will be doing surgery for an aneurysm that was found in his abdomin. We were told that if this hadn't been caught he would have died in a few weeks. 


You might be thinking why would all of this be happening, and how could you have faith with all of this going on?  Well I'll tell you. In all of this I have felt peace. I know that the family has had a really hard time, but I think I understand. In each of these things those involved have been taken care of He has been there with them. I have felt His peace upon us and found hope in that.  



Doctrine and Covenants 121: 7 and 8
 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high...

No comments: