Thursday, August 12, 2010

Temple Blessings

As I was reading the Ensign this month the First Presidency message enlightened my mind. I want the blessing that are promised be going to the temple.
This part stood out to me the most. 
"Temples are an unyielding witness that goodness will prevail. President George Q. Cannon (1827–1901), First Counselor in the First Presidency, once said, “Every foundation stone that is laid for a Temple, and every Temple completed … lessens the power of Satan on the earth, and increases the power of God and Godliness.”1

While each temple increases the influence of righteousness in the earth, the greatest blessings, of course, come to those who actually attend the temple. There we receive further light and knowledge and make solemn covenants that, if followed, help us walk in the path of discipleship."
I truly have a testimony that by attending the temple we are blessed and we come closer to Christ. I know that by attending the temple we become stronger and happier. 

No comments: