This week while I was thinking of the gift he gave of leaving us with a comforter I read a scripture that changed my whole life. I changed how I feel about the atonement, my trials, my struggles, and Christs love. I think that I am finally understanding something. Let me just share the scripture I read: Mark 14: 33-34: And he taketh with him Peter, James, and John, and began to be sore amazed, and to be very heavy; And saith unto them, My soul is exceedingly sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.
Now I know that those scriptures may not mean much now, but if we look in the footnotes we see something amazing. The greek translation of sore amazed means amazed, awestruck, and astonished. The greek translation of very heavy means depressed, dejected, and in anguish. Now I point this out for a reason. It was at this point he started to feel the pains of the atonement. When it started it was so powerful he, a living God, was amazed!! He a living God, was depressed!!! Can you even imagine!! And now think of this, when he started to feel all of this what did he do? He asked those with him to not leave him alone!! He was asking them to be with him.
So I think finally get why he doesn't want us to be alone, it is because he had to got through it all alone. He commands us to repent so he can take away the pain, so we don't do it alone. He will never leave us alone because he loves us so much that he would never wants us to deal with it alone. So when you feel as though there is no one who knows or understands, when you feel like you have no one to turn to, or that you can't bear the pain, REMEMBER you don't have to do this alone. He is always near. He already paid the price, and he will never leave you alone.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment